Help from the University Help From Police
I Don't know what to do Help From the Community

Call 541-346-SAFE

Anytime to speak with a counselor who can explain your options and connect you with resources. This service is free for students and is confidential, consistent with state and federal law.*

*the hotline is not confidential for University employees

Photo Courtesy: Trevor Till, Simon Sanchez

You have options for getting help if you have experienced the following:

Help from the university

I want help from the University


If you are in immediate danger call 9-1-1  


The University of Oregon is committed to providing a comprehensive and integrated response to students who have experienced any form of sexual harassment or violence, including sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking. Our goal is to ensure that all students who report to the University are met with a caring and compassionate response and are provided with access to all available resources and supports necessary to continue their academic program.



 Call 541-346-SAFE 24/7 to speak with someone to discuss options through the University




Back to Top of Page
Help from the police

I want help from the police


It is your right to report what happened to you to the police.

If the incident occurred on campus you can contact the University of Oregon Police Department at 541-346-2919.

If it occurred in Eugene call 541-682-5111 and if it occurred in Springfield call 541-726-2536.

If you are not sure who to contact or would like help in making the report, call our hotline at 541-346-SAFE.



Read More
Back to Top of Page
Help from the community

I want help from community resources

Students have the option of contacting outside community agencies for support,

which are confidential and do not have the same obligation as the University

to report or investigate incidents.



Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS)






Read More

Back to Top of Page

I don't know what I want to do

It is completely normal to not know if you would like to report an incident of sexual assault,

dating violence or stalking, and it is your right to be provided with information on reporting

options to make an informed decision. It is also your right to not report the assault to the

University or the police if you do not wish the incident to be investigated. 



You can speak confidentially with a counselor 24/7 to discuss options and resources at

541-346-SAFE or contact the University Counseling and Testing Center and ask to be

seen by someone on the IPV (Interpersonal Violence) Team at 541-346-3227.



Back to Top of Page